17 July 2016

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Koko, London (8 July 2016)

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu live at Koko

I have been a fan of Japan's J-Pop megastar Kyary Pamyu Pamyu since early 2014 when I visited Japan on a work trip and asked an associate to recommend me some Japanese pop music. 

Since that fateful day I have been an avid listener, buying her music and enjoying her always weird and wonderful music videos. As soon as she announced her '5ive Years A Monster' tour in support of the just released KPP Best best-of and saw that a date in the UK had been scheduled at Koko in London, I had to buy a ticket. Especially as I dithered over her last appearance in the UK, at the Roundhouse last October, and decided not to go. 

This was the first time I had see Kyary Pamyu Pamyu live and she didn't disappoint. It was a joy from beginning to end; a hyper explosion of music and colour. I wrote about what I thought of her show in what is a part gig review and part appreciation of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu for LeftLion

Below (and above) are a few photos in grainy iPhone quality and a short clip that I took...

Setlist
Cosmetic Coaster
5iVE YEARS MONSTER
Kyary An-An
Cherry BONBON
Furisodeshon
Candy Candy
Pon Pon Pon
Ninja Re Bang Bang
do do pi do
Interlude
Fashion Monster
Mottai Night Land
Crazy Party Night
Mondai Girl
Invader Invader
Saigo no Ice Cream
Kira Kira Killer
Sai & Kou

Encore:
Kimi ni 100 PERCENT
Tsukematsukeru 


Kyary Pamyu Pamyu live at Koko

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu live at Koko

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu live at Koko

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu live at Koko

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu live at Koko

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu live at Koko

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu live at Koko

A video posted by Pawl (@heypawl) on
Bookmark and Share

No comments: